Sunday, August 9, 2020

Hello 2020

    Well it I July..I mean August, and I am just now starting to blog for 2020.  I am not sure why, I have had plenty of time on my hands and spent a ton of time at home, but doing pictures is getting harder for me due to lack of technological skills.  So for now there they sit on my phone waiting for me to get it together.  Today is the day!  January started out like a normal year with kids going to school and life seemingly normal.  We had valentines parties at the school and Cam had his 6th grade dance, then one day mid march we were all informed that a terrible sickness had hit the United States from other parts of the world and we were told to quarantine.  Businesses were shut down, schools put on distance learning through internet, millions of people were jobless, things changed very very quickly. The sickness is called Corona Virus or COVID-19.  It has changed our entire world and the way we live our lives.  I luckily have been journaling during this entire time, so I will type it up and put it here because I have been slacking.  I also took a ton of photos because we stayed home and inside a lot so we got very creative and tried a lot of new hobbies.  

    Shane was sent home to telecommute and Bella's was put on take out only.  The kids sports and lessons were cancelled, church was cancelled (it still is only once a month yikes!), and we weren't supposed to see friends, family, basically anyone.  It was hard, really hard.  It still is, but we have adjusted.  My super organized scheduled brain took a sharp dive and I had to battle not loosing my mind for a couple of months.  The boys took up golf because that was about all they could do because it was outside.  The entire world took to camping and fishing, which was already our jam, but now it is super crowded and full of people.  Planes weren't even flying much so our trip to Puerto Rico was cancelled and we still don't know if that will ever happen.  It turned everyone's lives completely upside down!!!  

    Neighbors stopped seeing neighbors and still 5 months into this thing I haven't seen some people in our ward at all, people I used to see 1-2 times each week.  The churches are closed mostly so we can't workout anymore which I hate, but I have taken to going on long walks with Alisa Hill next door and I love the conversations and company.  Maybe above all the hardest thing for me during what I keep calling "the shut down" was the lack of connection.  I felt a greater connection to Shane, Braxton, Dakota, and Cameron, however, the lack of female connection and ability to chat and chat with women was very hard for me.  Now we are somewhat out of quarantine and I have adjusted as well as made more connections and it is good.  It was almost sweet and a real blessing to slow down for a while, but I am thankful for a return to some normalcy now.  Brax and Cam played a makeshift season of Lacrosse, Bella's opened the inside with masks and gloves on--which I hate--but it is what it is, required by the health department.  Aerobics still is a no go, but school is starting in two weeks (also with masks) and we have traveled this summer camping and spending a Week in Lake Powell with friends.  We are slowly getting our lives back, as much as is possible when normal is no longer normal.

    So here goes...today I start my 2020 blog book with the hopes I get caught up by December and the hopes that life gets a new normal, one where hugs exist again and I can see my primary kids faces more often....oh how I love them and miss their sparkling personalities so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment