Monday, August 10, 2020

15 Things I love about Dakota

 I can't believe Dakota is 15.  And your birthday is during the shut down (quarantine) of the entire country.  It began around March 15th and your birthday is April 23rd.  School is out, all kinds of services and restaurants are closed, and the only thing you want for your birthday is to play Fortnite with your friends.  So I arranged for that to happen.  Seemed kind of silly, but we made it happen.  Also I took you to lunch at Bella's even though it was only take out Sandy let us eat inside. 


15 Things I love about Dakota:

1-He is so easy going.  Like easy to get along with and happy and fun all the time. 

2-He is incredibly intelligent when it comes to math and engineering.

3-He is very responsible.  If I ask him to do it, it will happen every time.

4-He loves to be on time, he waits so patiently in the mornings for his ride to school until it gets too late then he gets totally stressed out and impatient.

5-He is so helpful all the time. Many people in the ward and extended family comment on how helpful he is.

6-He is really good with little kids like Knox and Tanner.  They drag him around and he just does whatever they ask him to do.

7-He loves robots.  He is good at programming and building so this is the perfect match for our smarty pants.

8-He eats almost everything.  There are very few things that I make that he wont eat.

9-He always says Thank You.  Like always.  For every ride to anywhere and for every meal that I make him.  He makes it worth doing with his gratitude.

10-Dakota loves being obedient.  He wants to fulfil his priesthood duties all the time and feels no need to slack ever.

11-Dakot loves Jesus.  He prays over each breakfast without being reminded and has the best answers for questions about the gospel.  He also participates in all his classes.

12-He is very clean.  I rarely have to remind him to pick up his crap except his backpack.

13-The boy is obsessed with Rubik's cubes.  I mean there is always on in his hand and he is a master at solving them in many different ways.  He amazes all of us all the time.

14-Whenever my Dad needs something done electronically or otherwise he calls Dakota because that is the kind of boy that he is.  Reliable and kind all of the time.

15-He has the kindest heart.  I adore him and his mellow countenance and he brings such a joy into our family and peace that I can't describe.  To know Dakota is to love him, that is the best way I can think to describe him.  

Happy Birthday Bud!!! We sure love you and all that you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment