Monday, August 10, 2020

Things we do in quarantine Part 2

The awesome city of Plain City put on a wonderful drive around egg hunt.  It was so much fun to do something because everything was cancelled. If we passed each check point he got a bag full of eggs at the end. 

We went for a hike up in north Ogden.  We found an old car that the boy explored.

Our Easter bunny did not disappoint.  We still had an egg hunt at home, alone.  A quiet Easter without extended family, but still enjoyed by us.


For Easter dinner Joe, my friend and boss, sent home a prime rib.  It was such a fancy meal for us and my mom dropped off fancy cookies, so I set the table up nice and we had a special dinner.


Sometimes we even got bored enough that the boys hooked a box up to the 4-wheeler and drug each other around on the grass.  I tell you these boys never cease to amaze me with the things they come up with.  I am sure the neighbors think we are crazy!

Shane videoing the crazies.  I just wanted to remember this moment, an many other silly moments during quarantine.
Not sure where my Coronathon pics are, but I will post them later.  We ran 26 miles in 24 hours and it was so painful and so fun and so crazy--this is how many steps Cam got that day 58,725!!
Grandma Becky made masks for all of us and had a basket she called her boredom basket that we went and raided and said hi from the bottom of the stairs, after which she sanitized the entire landing I am sure.  It was such a strange time of fear and isolation.  In fact, it still is we can't go anywhere now without the masks.  It is such a different world.
I was so desperate to talk to my bestie next door that we set up in the rain and talked for hours.  I was wet when I went back in, but I didn't care I needed to see her and see how she was doing.  Alisa is one of my best friends and it was so hard to not talk to her.  I miss my friends so much even now that I can see some of them occasionally.  Back then it was torture!
Brax would get pretty upset at us that he couldn't go with his friends.  We had quite a few arguments about it.  He started taking naps because he was going so crazy staying home.  He did take up golf with his buds as well as with Cam so that got them out, but for the most part we stayed in.
Another day trip up to pineview dam to metal detect.  Cam and Dakota really like this, but not so much Braxton.  Once again we packed a lunch and ate it on the beach.



I have taken all kinds of things to my primary kids homes.  We have done treats, crafts, sidewalk chalk, inspirational messages, emails weekly, and on and on.  Right now August 10th we have only been to church 3 times in five months.  We do home church and it is really nice, but I miss the kids so much and love seeing their faces whenever I can.


We lost another tree in the front yard.  This time to bugs.  It was horrible having to cut it down.  We are down to one tree that we planted when we put in the yard.  No shade and a lot of work.




King Benjamin's fort.  What a fun day this was when we learned about king Benjamin.  Cam stayed in the fort for 24 hours and refused to come out.  I made him to brush teeth and eat meals.




Cameron and I spent an afternoon on the driveway doing sidewalk chalk.  We drew the whole family and a mountain scene.  

Every year for Easter we take a porch picture on Mom and Dad's porch.  This year we were separated so we did a collage.  It was sad to not be together but we still had a wonderful day. 
The boys doing Oobleck.  Its gross but fun to play with.

Dakota had a Corona (Covid) birthday this year.  He wanted an ice cream maker and boy has he gotten good use out of that thing. He loves it.  His only wish was to play Fort night with his friends in the late evening, so he could "see" his friends that he missed dearly.  Sandy Cottam even let us eat inside for our traditional birthday lunch, Bella's was only open to take out at the time.






Happy Happy Birthday Jelly Bean.  I didn't even do my traditional 15 things I love about you post.  It has been such a strange few months I am sorry, I will try to do it in a later post.

Spring clean up at Bella's.  We surely had a lot of work to do. Joe was cutting things way back and we filled up that trailer quickly.








Somehow my pics of the Knolls got into two different spots, so here are the rest of them.

Primary Zoom.  We did zoom three times and I absolutely loved it.  We just did a small singing time and saw each others faces.  There are so many rules and now we have been told not to do it and I am sooooooo sad about it.  I loved doing it together and I know it is important to the kids too.

Lots of baking and cooking going on as we cooked each meal every single day.  Cam and Shane did quiche this day and even made crusts for them.  They were delightful.
Hammocking in the backyard.
 Another visit with the sisters.  Such cute girls with so much of the spirit and great messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment