Saturday, December 12, 2020

13 things I love about Cameron

 

Happy Happy Birthday to my youngest boy Cameron.  You bring light into every room you enter, your heart is gigantic, your patience is amazing, and I love everything about you.

Here are 13 things I love about Cam:

1-He doesn't let much bother him.  He is very patient and goes with the flow.

2-His love for everything.  He gets excited about everything and spreads joy everywhere he goes.

3-He loves lacrosse and having his dad be his coach makes Cameron so happy.

4-Cameron loves Jesus.  Oh how I admire this about him, he shows no reservation when trying to be good and isn't afraid to tell people why he is making the good choice.  He reminds us to read scriptures, he loves going to church and serving in his quorum and does so willingly--and that is why I know he loves Jesus so much.

5-He is kind.  He will let little siblings of his friends tag along with them, or younger cousins that adore him without ever grumbling about it.

6-When I ask Cameron to do something he says "for surely sure" and just does it.  

7-Cameron rarely complains.  If I make him a list of things to get done, he checks them off and gets them done without complaint.

8-He is a bit of a space cadet, which is why I have to make him a list, but we love his light airy personality.

9-He can build the most amazing creations with all sorts of different materials from Legos to Plus Plus, to blocks or craft supplies or wood.  He loves to build.

10-Cameron loves having a goal and achieving that goal.  Our tree fell down this year and he made a goal to chop with an axe all the way through, and he did it.  Everyday he went out and chopped a little more until he finished and accomplished his goal.

11-He is so smart.  He got his first 4.0 the first semester of Junior High and we are so proud of his hard work.

12-Cam has a math brain like his brothers and can solve math problems in a jiffy as long as he isn't frustrated, that is another ball game, his frustration often makes him stuck.

13-The thing I most admire about Cam is his pleasant disposition.  He is just genuinely happy.  Masks--no problem.  Walking to the bus stop in the freezing temps--no problem.  Getting quarantined because he was exposed at school--no problem.  He rarely even complains.  When I break bad news to him he generally just says ok and moves on with his day.  He doesn't dwell on bad situations, he just sees the good in everything. He isn't afraid to stand alone and that is going to take him great places someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment