Monday, December 7, 2020

Wedding, Backpacking 2020 & Bear Lake with Shane's Family

Nichole and Derek's Wedding

Shane's cousin sister (as I call her), got married at the beginning of August. It was a beautiful ceremony and afterparty.  The venue was amazing and beautiful. 


We had to cleanout the drain lines at the rental again.  This happens about once a year.
Backpacking at Big Elk Lake
Big Elk Lake.  Shane took the boys and Cody, Tanner and Shannon and backpacked in to Big Elk Lake.  I didn't go, and it is ok with me because the boys enjoy having this time with just Shane.  I feel like I get in the way and hold them back on their adventures.  I always tell them they can't do something and they give me look and do it anyway.  I am more cautious and its good for them to have some time away from their protective mama.  This year they took hammocks only and really enjoyed their time in the trees.

Shane and Tanner


When I look at this picture, I see Braxton 5 years ago.  Although it is Cameron the resemblance is crazy.






BEAR LAKE
Becky got some inheritance money from the sell of her parents house a while back and wanted to use some to take us all on a family vacation.  So she booked a week in Bear Lake in a giant house for the whole family.  It was so much fun!!  I was so nervous how everyone would get along, but all the kids played all day and got along great.  There was a theatre room, a play area with a tramp and playset Inside the house.  It had slide from one level to another.  It was like nothing we had ever seen before, a mansion for sure.  
Me and Becky and the boys did all the shopping for the food and most of the food prep.  Thankfully I had recently returned from Lake Powell with Brit Hall the master of feeding large groups and had learned so much.  It went off easily and everyone had plenty of food and snacks.



  Everyone pitched in with the cooking and clean up. We took Becky's boat and my brothers wave runners and played on the water quite a few days.  That is always my favorite part, just playing in the water with kayaks and boats and sand.  Sand keeps kids busy for hours.

We also went to the go-cart place and this really cool ropes course that the teenagers loved. 











 
Pickelvill Playhouse was another amazing thing we did.  The play made us laugh and the kids still quote some of the funny parts.  
One other highlight is when we had an entire family game of dodgeball.  We laughed so hard and got totally exhausted.  
Memories for a lifetime!  We were so thankful we got to do this so we could bond and spend time as a family.  What a grand adventure. When we only see each other for a few hours every few months it is hard to get to know everyone on a personal basis.  We really needed this time together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment