Saturday, May 25, 2019

Womens conference, Lacrosse, Krypto, Mothers Day, Graduation Party





We went on our annual trip to Provo to Women's Conference.  I always gain so much knowledge every time I go and have such a great time with my sisters and Mom.  This year my major take away was from a couple talks but essentially that the problem with many teenagers of our faith is that they are blanketed in the spirit, it is always around them, so they believe they haven't ever felt it when in fact they feel it all the time.  We are so blessed to have the spirit in our lives and often we don't notice until it is gone.  I also learned so much about disobedience and correct ways to respond when our loved ones are disobedient.  I needed it so much.  Don't freak out, don't shame them or they will just continue to hide it or lie about it, talk to them, be understanding and most of all just love them.  Love them until they are blue in the face but just love them.



One more year of Lacrosse down.  This year Brax really came out of his shell and did so well out on the field.  I was so proud of him for his courage.  One day I saw him lay a guy out right in front of me and I was quite shocked, he said the kid frustrated him, it was a different side of Brax I hadn't seen much of.  He is really growing up into a man and I look up to him so much for his choices and his determination on and off the field.  Shane had a blast coaching also and really truly loves those boys.  His highlight of 2019 was when he strongly encouraged a boy who wanted to quit with 3 weeks left and really helping him see his role on the team and him deciding to stick it out.  Shane is the soft side of the coaching staff and I think all teams need someone just like him on it.


My boys have all been blessed with strong math genes.  I am not sure if they come from Shane or me, but Math comes very easily to all three boys.  Cam loves to play Krypto and took 3rd place at the district competition for 5th Grade.

This is what happens when you spend every night on the field and every Saturday at Bella's washing dishes or bussing tables.  Exhaustion.  He loves to be busy and it keeps his brain happy, but he sure gets tired in the process.
Dakota and Denim went to a school dance together.  They had a lot of fun and I am so glad they will go to Fremont together in two years.

Mother's Day 2019 did not dissapiont.  My boys are so thoughtful and I love how excited they are all day to serve me and tell me how much I mean to them.  This photo is recreated every year, and boy do they grow up so much in between.


Cam made this at school out of clay.  It is a turtle flower pot or candy dish.  He is so creative and artistic.

Lacrosse Banquet.  Brax lettered this year in Lacrosse and the food was delicious.  Shane even had to say a few words and did a great job.







A man and his mini me.  I get so many comments at work that Brax looks just like his dad (just more hair).

Girls camp...that is what I spend my days doing.  I love those girls so much and am happy to plan it for them, but it is hard....really hard.  I am not a planner of large events, but the Lord must think I am capable.  We are collecting food to make packets that go home with kids from school.  I am sure it will be so much fun!
Cam also had a great season and is getting really fast and nimble on the field and we are so proud of his accomplishments this year.

My cousins son graduated from High School and they had a luau and the photo booth was so cute and fun.  This pic of Dresden just kills me.  I love that girl so much, she brings so much light into my life and kisses and smiles and I am so happy she is my niece.


No comments:

Post a Comment