Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Puerto Rico Part 2


More From Alayna's Facebook......We visited Old San Juan. It is a beautiful old town filled with European charm. We toured the Spanish fortresses, and enjoyed the breathtaking beauty of it all! We attended the local Humacao LDS church on Sunday. It was all in Spanish and I understood very little of what was said, but I loved that I could still feel the spirit The ward members were all so friendly and visited with us after the meetings. We met a family who was visiting from Gunnison who’s son had served a mission there. It really is such a small world! 


This is a giant cemetery next to the fort at Old San Juan.  It was very beautiful and peaceful.  I love visiting places like this and seeing the history of the port.  The Spanish fought a lot of different people for San Juan for over 400 years.  Finally they lost and America now owns Puerto Rico.  The Spanish influence is everywhere.  The town was so beautiful and I loved the colorful buildings and the street fairs.

Umbrella street.  I had seen this online before we left and I was determined to take a cute pic under the umbrellas.








We went on an awesome hike in a nature preserve.  There were WWII bunkers we climbed into. 

There were these super cool plants that curl up when you touch them.  This is an action shot of everyone trying it out.  Shane saw them in Australia but hasn't since, so we were surprised to find some on our hike.




We made the boys pose for two kissing pictures, do yoga with us on the deck of the Condo, and have a late night dance on the deck.  They of course rolled their eyes at us but went along for the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment