Man I had really good intentions of getting these posted while the memories were fresh on my mind, but here I am, school getting out this week and about 2 months behind.
Becky and Russ gave us tickets to Wicked for Christmas and it was AMAZING. I loved it so much. The story line was new to me and it was so well done and thought provoking, I truly loved every minute of it.
We missed our usual vacationing in November for no real reason, but when Jake and Alayna were ready to go in March I was all over it. Shane had to be coaxed a bit because Lacrosse was starting, but we did it and it was amazing. What a beautiful country Puerto Rico is. The culture is amazing, the beaches are amazing, the sun is fiercely hot and we got fried, and the Air BnB we found was wow. The company was, as usual, so much fun and we talked and laughed into all hours of the night. There is something so amazing about spending one uninterrupted week with good company and only caring about fun that is so invigorating and brings so much life back into the soul. Not a care in the world except what beach to visit and where the next meal comes from. Paradise.
This is from Alayna's Facebook, its even better then I could put it......
Vieques, Puerto Rico March 2019
Jake and I, along with Shane and Geana, had the opportunity to spend a few days in paradise. We started our vacay on a short ferry ride out to the beautiful island of Vieques. There were wild horses everywhere, beautiful beaches, and the friendliest people you’ll ever meet! The first day we spent the day snorkeling, took a short hike through the jungle to a beautiful scenic overlook, we made friends with a couple who traded us our snorkeling gear for their paddle board for a few hours. We found an awesome restaurant for dinner where we were able to try their famous canoa fish. The next day we got to experience the magical bio bay. We took a kayak tour at night, with no moon, and the bay is filled with bio-luminescent micro organisms who glow whenever something moves through the water. It was amazing! The next day we explored the black sand beach and then walked the beach back to Esperanza where we were staying. We made friends with Bruno (who lived on the upper level of the house we stayed in) and his pet pig Babi. On the ferry ride back to the main island I made friends with the talented Isa Music & Media who airdropped me a few of the gorgeous wild horse pics she captured on Vieques.
Best Pizza I have ever tasted. Yummy!
Canoa
This hammock was right above our bed and was really fun until the next morning when we saw the bolt wasn't a bit sturdy. At least there is a bed underneath in case of a fall.
Black sand beach was such a different look then anything we had seen before.
On the ride back Jake and Alayna went to grab some food and missed the boat. It was very crowded so they put me and Shane up with the captain. Shane had so much fun talking with him and learning all about the life of a sailor.
No comments:
Post a Comment