From Alayna's Facebook...........We spent the next five days at a beach house in Punta Santiago. We attempted to learn how to surf- which was waayyy harder then it looks! I ended up feeling like I’d been sent through a washing machine! I think next time I’ll sign up for a lesson. We did some body surfing, running on the beach, hiking, yoga on the beach, and found some awesome snorkeling! We loved trying the different local restaurants and local dishes. We tried some mofongo which tasted kind of like mashed potatoes made from plantains. We found a cute little bakery that served yummy coconut treats:) We hiked through a jungle preserve and saw turtles, birds and iguanas. Jake made friends with some local teenagers on the pier. They were teasing him and daring him to jump off the pier. Jake said I will if you will, and before I knew what was happening they were all jumping off the pier into the ocean together!
My friends taught me about the golden hour while in California and so now I try out a selfie before sunset everywhere we go.
I got so sunburned. I do not burn like this and it was so painful. I had a hard time walking because behind my knees was killing me, and my neck was so embarrassing I felt like I had a disease. Then about two days after we got home began the itching. I was itching all day everyday and it only made things worse. I will never be that crazy again. I wore sunscreen, but I did not reapply and that was a big mistake!
Plantains for days!
This was their priesthood meeting, for everyone from deacons on up.
Going to church for me was an entirely different experience then for the other three. They liked it, but I loved it! I could make out most of what the speaker said as long as they weren't speaking really fast. I have such a love for the Spanish language my heart grew in size sitting there listening to them learn about Jesus, just like I do every Sunday but in their own language. For me it was truly moving. I know the spirit was there and I know the church is true no matter where in the world we are.
The colorful house with the beautiful window boxes full of flowers just bring me such a sense of beauty and makes me want to visit again and again.
Our bedroom with attached bathroom. We each had our own wing of the house.
Breakfast on the deck before we went out for the day. The weather is amazing and the views breathtaking.
Surfing was way harder then I thought it would be. I was tossed and turned on my side or on my butt over and over. I gave it a good go, but ultimately I never got too far from the water. I would for sure do it again but maybe pay for a lesson.
Jakes dinner before and after. He said it was delicious.
Had to snap a pic in front of the place where Shane's favorite drink was created. We didn't try one there, but we did at many other places along the way.
Only hours away from being back at the grind back to real life. Boy am I thankful we get opportunities like this one to relax and enjoy life as a couple and with our best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment