This is from our visit to Alayna's cabin this winter. I forgot to add it earlier.
We love to play board games. The older my children get I feel like I have to stop what I am doing and make them stay busy or else they watch YouTube, all day everyday. All my life I have tried and struggled to keep them off their devices and the struggle just gets more real and thick as they get older. Their creative minds are being wasted by those dang devices. I am thankful I had my kids in 2002 instead of 2012 because the struggle gets worse every year. We will in 20 years have an entire generation of zombies if we don't do something now. So Shane and I have teamed up to keep these little buggers busy, but they still go right back to the device the minute an activity is over. It is really difficult to be the pioneering parents in this digital world. Rant over...but I am telling you it is bad, very bad.When I was a girl me and my bestie would make brownie mix and eat the entire bowl---never cooking any of it. So I took a cute photo of my boys downing the mix right before we put them into cook. I sent it to her and it brought back some happy memories.
My babies. Man I love these two so so much. They bring so much Joy into our lives every time we get to see them. I get to play cars and blocks with them, read to them and even take a nap with them occasionally.
Cam is finally big enough to do the riding lawn mower. It is actually pretty hard to turn the wheel and reach the brake, but he is learning and doing a great job. He prefers the pushing mower that he has been doing for years.Braxton designed this W23 turning thing in his Weber Innovation Class and they printed it on the 3D printer. He is so smart and really loves to create. It spins and the letters each rise at a different time. I am so impressed with things like this because it is far beyond the reach of my brains. I love to see their brains work and grow.
Grandma Becky and Grandpa Russ are the Webelos leaders with Shane and while Shane is occupied in March and April they kindly take over and were doing Art one month. This day they did clay and Cam and Dakota joined and loved it!
Track meets sitting in the sun bring my soul so much joy. There were two that were sunny and warm and I got to hang out on the grass and watch Dakota run, it was nostalgic for sure.
For Easter with Shane's family Brax thought it would be great to put $1 bills in some eggs. Of course he ran around quickly and got most of the ones with money while everyone else got candy, but that is the joy of the hunt I suppose. Next year we may have to do a big kid hunt separately to even out their odds, but I think they all had fun.
The annual Easter Photo at Mom and Dads. It is so cool to see how everyone changes throughout the years. Everyone is getting pretty big!
Grandpa Brent was in charge of FHE in April and we made kites. It was a lot of fun and a good project out in the beautiful spring air.
Dakota got his whole braces on. Finally he has lost all of his teeth but 1 and he will be out of braces in no time. He looks so handsome.
Cam kept getting sick for about two weeks. He was sick for like 12 hours then better. 3 days later sick again. Everytime something different. I never thought anything of it because we don't go to the doctor much, but one Saturday he had a swollen gland and I thought we better go see if it is strep. Turns out is was some strange gland infection that was showing itself under his tongue and he never told me about the strnge ball under his tongue. Anyway it just needed antibiotics and Zane (the Doc) squoze out the puss from that ball under his tongue. I did get rebuked a bit from Zane he said "I need you to lower your threshold of when you bring him in". I know I know....
No comments:
Post a Comment