Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Trek 2018

Shane and I were so blessed this year to be asked to be a Ma and Pa for Trek.  I can't even describe with words what a wonderful experience it was for us to get to know our new family for 3 days and especially to be able to take Gonzalo to see a glimpse into our pioneer heritage.  I was so nervous to take Gonzi because I thought he would think we were some strange Mormon folks but truly he loved every minute.  He told me after that he would go again right now.  He had a great time and the other teenagers were so kind to him and embraced him like he was one of them. 
We walked 20 miles over the course of 3 days up steep hills and across long stretches of rocky land.  The weather was beautiful and not very hot which made everything so much better.  I felt the spirit so strongly the entire three days.  I felt it during devotionals, while we were walking, during family night and even in the car while we were driving to our destination.  I fell in love with each one of the kids and they all took to each other so well also.  







Gonzalo just loved playing the pioneer games.  Most of the other kids just thought it was hot and had fun for a while, but Gonzalo could have played them all day.  He laughed and got really into each and every game.  He is such a great kid that I am proud to call my 4th son from Spain.  He brings such a wholeness to our family and we love him like our own.

Gage, Geana, Shane, Luke, Leslie, Brinley, Rebecca, (Front), Gonzalo, Stran, Harrison.  Our whole family.  5 strong boys and 3 just as strong girls.  We did the women's pull and they were amazing and I got to feel a tiny bit of what the pioneer women went through as I cared for the girls and helped them if they were hurting.  We pushed that handcart so hard up that hill and it was really rocky.  My girls did not give up and I was so proud of them for their strength and perseverance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment