Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Random Thoughts
It is September 18, 2018 and I am exactly 5 days away from by biggest baby turning 16 years old. I am having some major anxiety over handing over the keys to the car, the keys to freedom to my baby. My sweet baby who couldn't breathe when he was born and had to be whisked away to the NICU. My baby who had a broken heart that by the grace of God was fixed by smart, inspired doctors. My baby that I have come home once a week from work, long after he has been asleep and kissed him on the forehead and wondered how I could possibly be so lucky to be his Mom--to be all of my boy's mom. If you check on your children while they sleep it is easy to remember how lucky you are because they aren't arguing or fighting with each other. It's a sweet moment where God gives me a glimpse of this gift in front of me, a gift that is growing up so fast I can't even blink and it will be over--grown and gone. Life will do that to you, kick you right in the pants and move you on to new adventures and man it is hard and man I don't like it much but somehow it just keeps happening and happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment