Wednesday, October 17, 2018

August adventures

At girls camp we were challenged to attend the Temple once a week for 3 weeks in a row.  I helped the MiaMaids accomplish this goal by driving them to the temple on Wednesday mornings for 3 weeks.  It was such a special experience for me to spend that extra time with the girls right before I was released.  It was quite a difficult experience for me to be released.  I cried a lot for a few days because 1) I hate change 2) I love love love those girls and wanted to watch over them forever! 3)I wasn't ready, I needed at least one more activity to say goodbye and make sure they knew how much I love love love them. 4)I was just sad.
This was our last activity together, a beautiful hike up to Lewis Peak.  It was quite steep and made us all realize we can do hard things and its better to do them together.  I found out minutes before this that we were going to be released and I was very thankful for sunglasses because I cried most of the night.  I shared some of he best experiences of my life with those girls.  We laughed, cried, and felt the spirit together so many times and my heart had a really hard time letting go.  As with all change there are other things on the horizon and I was called into the Nursery and turns out I also love love 2 year olds.  I still feel a bit of sadness each Wednesday night and miss them like crazy, but life goes on and they have great new leaders and they are still being taught and loved and that is the most important part.

We went to the Weber County Fair like we do every year.

Kiley has been put in charge of the Pilgrim Family Reunion every year and this year she did a Mexican Fiesta.  Troy and Tyler were Human Pinata's and they ran away from the kids while they tore candy off of their shirts.  It was a riot.  The whole reunion was really fun and the food was excellent.

The boys started yet another year of school.  This year they are in three different schools Fremont (Braxton 10th), Wahlquist (Dakota 8th) and Plain City Elementary (Cameron 5th)


This year the boys decided to invite me along for their backpacking trip to Wall Lake. We went shopping for some Mountain House meals and began the packing of 5 backpacks. It was quite the chore to get us all ready, but it was totally worth it.  I was amazed at how hard it is to hike with 30 pounds on your back.  Each boy carried his own pack and I think they were tougher than me.  They did so well and wanted to keep going farther and farther.  The second day we did a day hike to another lake and the hike was straight up a hill.  It was steep but the fishing up there was much better.  They were small fish, but they were catching them every other cast.  The camp was so peaceful and quiet and we really grew together as a family by doing hard things and enjoying nature.







No comments:

Post a Comment