Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Thoughts on 2018 and change

I decided that in 2018 I wanted to change something about the way I workout or just my activity level.  Well I ran it by my friend Theresa and she just so happened to be doing a challenge where you count points and compete to see who gets the most.  I am not really interested in weight loss, but decided to join anyway.  I have been at it two weeks and I really like it.  I have been eating 5 fruits or vegetables a day and that has been a major life change.  I always save the fruit for the kids, and now I eat it all and so do they so I have had to buy more often, which I am alright with because its good for us.  I probably ate about 2 a day before.  Also I have to drink 8 glasses of water a day.  Man alive I spend a lot of time in the bathroom.  I also did not do this before and I feel really proud of myself that I have been doing it so well.  I also workout 5 days a week, which has been hard to squeeze in some days, but if it's always on my mind then I make room in my day for it.

Anyway this all has be thinking about change.  I really don't like it, in fact I dig in my heels often to avoid change.  So far in 2018 they have changed who visit teaches me (my previous ones came for 15 years) and who my Visiting teaching partner is and who I visit (I loved the last ones and really felt like we were getting through to the two inactive sisters).  I am adjusting, not easily or happily, but I am adjusting.  Then yesterday my sweet Cameron cut off all of his long beautiful hair.  I suppose I was more attached to it then he was, because wow it hurt a bit.  He looks so handsome, but so different and it just makes me a little sad.  He is my baby and he is growing up so big and I loved his hair.  I am adjusting, not easily or happily, but I am adjusting.

Also I decided to buy my mom's car since she got a new one and gave me a killer deal.  I have had the same cars for 7 and 10 years, and this will also be different.  Not a big adjustment, but change nonetheless.

I am feeling more independent of my children and feeling like a new stage of life is coming at me fast.  I will keep on trucking and adjusting, but it will hurt a little.  Maybe 2018 is my year of change and trying to be more easy going, or maybe I will dig in my heels a little harder and tell the next 346 days of this year that I have had enough change and please let me stay where I am comfortable.  It could be an interesting year.

1 comment: