Friday, January 19, 2018

Christmas Day

After much coaxing we convinced Grandpa Brent to sleep over and enjoy our 4 A.M. Christmas festivities.  Our boys are die hard early risers and we are done in about 1 hour and me and Shane go back to sleep on the couch.  Exhausting but full of wonderful memories.

Braxton bought me this awesome bonnet because Shane and I are going to be a Ma and Pa on the pioneer trek this year.  I feel like we were the only couple excited about this adventure, and I truly am.  I love working with the youth and to have Shane at my side is the best.

Dakota is going to Japan to spend 2 1/2 weeks with Justin so he asked for money and Braxton asked for a helmet for Lacrosse that will not be ordered until February, so he also got cash.  Cam got a new bike and all the boys got these super cool air chairs for the beach or camping, or for the house as Brax uses his.







The dynamics of Christmas are changing a bit as we no longer have little ones.  We still have Cameron who is a believer and makes everything so exciting, although I believe we may have one more year or we may of just had our last.  It will be a sad day when the magic leaves, but seeing as we rarely give our children gifts (Birthdays and Christmas), I believe they will always be excited for Christmas.  I would also like to record how expensive it is now that they are all big.  The gifts cost hundreds of dollars instead of 20 or 30.  It is mind blowing how much life costs and being the cheap skate that I am it pains me a little, or a lot, each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment