Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Moments

My favorite YouTube channel has a family called The bucket list family.  They travel around the world showing us the most dreamy destinations and Shane and I love to watch them.  Well today they said that their tradition for Thanksgiving is to go around the table and say their favorite moment of the year.  So I decided to record come of mine from this year that have stuck with me, in hopes that when I forget them soon (I am getting pretty old), I can have them written down.

1- I was at girls camp, it was the last night and there is always a testimony meeting.  I was feeling especially emotional because I was sure it was my last even though I had no idea when we would be released.  I kept thinking about "lasts" and how we don't really know most of them are coming, but sometimes we do.  I was trying to relish every moment of that camp and choose not to bear my testimony because my emotions were strong---very strong.  I made it through with very little tears, until right after it was over.  My sweet friend Kylee Beesley came up to me and whispered in my ear "you will never know how much you have changed my life, how much you mean to me and how much I love you".  I had to leave the group for a good 20 minutes because I was so overtaken with emotion.  I guess you never know the impact small things do for people.

2- Another young woman told her mom the day we were released "I have waited ALL my life to be in Shauna and Geana's group, and now they are getting released".  That moment as well as seeing all their tears when we got released will stay with me forever.

3-One day I was just sitting on the couch watching my 3 boys build things with Legos.  There  was no fighting and it was just a moment of pure bliss thinking that Shane and I created those "not so little" humans and they truly do love each other.

4-Gonzalo was here for his 4th visit and we decided to take him on Trek with us.  I was hesitant and doubted if it was a good choice, but time and time again while we were on Trek I was reassured by the spirit that it was the right thing to do.  The best moment was when we were playing the pioneer games and seeing the pure joy on his face in each and every game.  He relished in the newness and the beauty of our culture, religion, and the way we have fun.  He was grinning from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment