Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Adios 2018!

The last day of the year we got to spend with just the 5 of us, games and some really great food.  We made Shrimp and smoked a turkey and played minute to win it games.  It was peaceful and just really fun. 




 Well 2018 you were good to us.  We grew and stretched as a family.  We were taken out of our comfort zones and worked hard on our family goal of confidence.  I think we accomplished our goal for the most part and tried hard at many other personal goals.  Shane started coaching two Lacrosse teams, which stretched his abilities and he grew a ton, and stretched my patience to the breaking point a few times while I learned to chill out and find other things to occupy my time.  Shane also got the much anticipated promotion he dreamed of for years. Braxton got his drivers licence which also stressed me out to the max, but he is a good driver and is learning to navigate this things called grown up pretty well.  Dakota shines at Junior high and his mind amazes me everyday how creative and artsy he is as well at very good at science and math.  Cam learned he would get the priesthood almost a year early and showed me what true excitement is.  He beamed for days after the announcement and has grown up leaps and bounds in the last six weeks.  I got released from YW, which truly broke my heart, but cleared my mind so much for other aspects of my life. I got the call to be the Stake Young Womens Camp director and spent the last month of 2018 completely stressed out and not sleeping thinking of how much I will stretch and grow in 2019, but also realizing that the Lord knew I couldn't handle another Lacrosse season without something big to occupy my time, you just never know what you're praying for.
 2018 thank you for helping us heal from our 2017 accident that shook us to the very core.  Thank you for helping us know that time really does help heal.  Thank you for letting us grow together as a family in the gospel as well as work and hobby.  You were kind to us and it is just what we needed so Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment