Shane went to Japan for 11 days to visit Justin and Bernice who live there for a few years. That means I got to tackle Halloween Week alone. It started Monday and did not end until Saturday late. It was fun and tiring at the same time. Cameron chose to be a bat and Dakota chose to be a Ghost. Braxton chose to be a teenager and participated in about half of the festivities, in whatever costume he could round up.
5th Grade always does Spider Cakes. When Braxton did them I was at another child's field trip so I only caught the tail end. It was really fun to be there this time. Dakota had a great time sitting by his buddies Gavin and Ryder. One teacher told me she got a nasty note asking "what does this have to do with education", so much of our education is spent watching movies, that I for one was happy for them to do something fun that had to do with a real life skill, baking. They had to make the cakes and frost their own. The teacher said she spent the two days before teaching about fractions, real practical uses of them. Life skills I tell you.
For mutual, which I am now a part of (Miamaid Advisor), we played minute to win it. It was a really fun night, Braxton was a mummy and he fell on the ground. Silly boy.
School Party donut eating contest.
Ward Party costume parade.
The one thing I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle alone was the pumpkin carving, but we had a great time. No fuss, just gutted them and carved faces. They always pick the largest ones in the patch, and so we drug them in instead of lifting them.
We had to measure and take a picture because the flesh of Dakotas was 5 inches. It was so hard to get a knife through and was full of these strange Witch fingers (below).
Final product. I think they turned out very cute and we had a great time together.
Those pumpkins are huge! My kids always want to pick big ones and I warn them that the bigger the pumpkin, the longer it takes to clean it!
ReplyDelete