Friday, January 16, 2015

Hawaii #3

On day three we hit the Polynesian Cultural center.  It was a really cool place. I had no idea that it was the churches way of providing an education at BYU Hawaii for kids from all the islands, all while they work here to pay their way. I sat there in many of the presentations astonished at how the Prophets of the church are so inspired.  So many opportunities for young people to become educated then take it back to their country and become leaders.  Truly from the Lord, I know it.  

Also highly entertaining.  They present from the islands of the pacific:  Samoa, New Zealand, Tahiti, Fiji, and Hawaii, They do dances, have marriage ceremonies (where we renewed our vows), sing, and make music.  We also attended a Luau where they cooked a pig in the ground and gave us leis upon entering.  The food was delicious, some a little strange, but the things I tried were yummy.
                                      



















No comments:

Post a Comment