I love every night when Shane and I go to bed stopping for just a few seconds to watch my boys sleep. On this particular night I felt like I should take a picture of what I see each night. They are so peaceful, so quiet, so still. They are rarely peaceful, quiet or still so this is a great time for a mother to reflect on all the things I love about being their mom. I read an article yesterday about "normal", how so much of normal frustrates us as mothers. Normal messes, being ignored, having to get after children, dishes, vacuuming, being ignored, etc... It is all so frustrating sometimes, but we should be thankful for our normal. Here is a quote from that article that I really liked...
Vacuuming is beautiful. It’s a representation of normal, and normal, my dear friends, is an absolute gift. Celebrate normal. Celebrate those vacuuming the kids’ floor who made a huge mess but are sitting in your home playing moments of life.
Keep perspective. Savor today. Love the little things.
*Tonight at scripture study, which we read off the IPAD, Cameron said "wouldn't it be cool if we could just say prayers with the IPAD too. Shane said "I'm sure there is an APP for that". Funny kids.
I like this, geana. I have some friends going through not normal stuff in their families and it does make you grateful that you are just doing your day to day stuff.
ReplyDelete