Monday, January 7, 2013

Candy Dipping 2012

Katie and Shannon showing off Tic Tac (the baby in her belly). 
Shane's whole family came over on New Years Eve to dip chocolates.  It was so much fun.  This is the 2nd year that we have done this, but I was sure to get photos and plenty of them this year.  We love all his family and have such a great time together.  It is amazing how well they all get along, something we are very blessed with on both sides of our family.  Becky got all the chocolate and dipping stuff and I fed everyone sweet pork tacos with help of everyone bringing something to go with it.  There were pretzels  fondant, cherries, caramels; dark, milk and white chocolate----sooo yummy.
Cody (left), Bernice, Cade  Grandpa Russ (background)
Cameron, Dakota, Geana, Medora
We burnt the white chocolate to begin with, Cade is trying to revive it.
Braxton spent most of the time entertaining Ryder his 2 yr old cousin.  I couldn't convince him to dip anything.
Dakota and I had a great time putting rolos on pretzels.  He is always such a good sport when it comes to joining on whatever we are up to.   
Shane is always the Toffee Man.  He had a hillarious moment this year where he did not cook it long enough and it turned into a huge ball of goo!  Justin is holding it in his hand after we realized it would never get hard.
Bernice, Justin, Cade, cutting up carmels
Medora (Justin's Daughter)
Alan, Alisha, and Michael.  He spent most of the night asleep, but joined in for a while.


Grandma Becky made a huge mess of herself after she leaned way too far over the table.  She ended up with blood on her collar later from Ryder getting a bloody lip.
Justin and his family are moving to Japan for 2 to 5 years for a job next month so it was the last time we will do this with everyone for a while.  My kids are sad, we are sad too but excited for them and their new adventure.  Justin's kids are the ones my boys play with so they are not looking forward to the change.  Becky cries a lot, she tries not to talk about it to hold back the emotions.  I am sure Shane will miss his brother and know we will all miss them too.  I suppose that is why we make memories now right?

1 comment:

  1. Japan! Very far away. My family has always been so blessed to live fairly close and now Shari is in Boise, Marc is in Missouri, and Mandy's husband is looking for jobs everywhere from Ohio to Canada. I don't like it. :(

    ReplyDelete