Well this is going to be my final post for 2012 to sum up the year and so I can start the task of gathering everything into a book.
I gave up scrap booking I feel guilty. It just wasn't on my priority list anymore and I often did it in a social setting and that stopped so I stopped. I used to tease all those ladies whose pictures just sat on their hard drive and never got printed, well now I am one of them. Last year we went to California...last thing printed so far. It is strange the eb and flow of life, somethings seem so important one moment then another they just are not. Well this blog is how I have replaced my cute scrap books, and it is much easier and much less cute, but it makes me happy anyway.
2012 has been another fast, fun year for the Weston family. Boys playing many sports, attending scouts, and loving their electronic devices. I am turning into the family bus driver constantly going from one lesson or practice to another and I really do love it. My heart still aches for primary but I am getting used to going to the adult classes and actually enjoy the learning. I still love my job at Bella's and the friends I have there.
Shane is still loving his job and hoping that 2013 is the year they decide to pay him for being the work lead instead of having to volunteer all year. He is really good at what he does and there are often shops on Base who request him specifically to fix their machines. He has a knack for figuring out why the machines are broken and has really good follow through to get the job done.
Braxton and Dakota are both doing well in school this year. They both are slow readers, which Shane constantly assures me that they will be fine (I am the mom I have to worry about this stuff right?). They are both also great at math, it comes quickly and naturally to both of them. Dakota is very quiet and rarely makes a peep in class. He is best friends with Denim his cousin and that is who he sits by at lunch and plays with at recess. Braxton is a bit distracted in class and is struggling with the noise level in his classroom. The other kids finish their tests and are not quiet, and it is quite hard for him to stay focused. He asked me the other day "Why do I get distracted mom?" I had to tell him that different peoples brains work differently and he just needs more silence than some others. (If only we could get the smarty pants kids in his class to realize this too).
Cameron is loving joyschool and his computer school. He is learning so much. Now we just have to worry about the sitting still and leaving your neighbor alone. Such a struggle for 5 year old kids. He is now is CTR5 and way excited about that. Shane has had a lot of time off lately and Cameron is becoming quite spoiled getting to spend so much alone time with Mom and Dad.
I never was a scrapbooker. So I have no guilt. I have even back-blogged to when we got a digital camera so I never have to scrapbook again. This works so well. I think it's funny that we were some of the last to jump in to blogging and we are kind if the only ones still going. :)
ReplyDelete