Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lessons from sickness

I have had a sick Braxton this week. I suspect the swine flu, due to the symptoms, but haven't taken him in because the doctor said we could treat it at home. Since he is now in school full time I have learned a lot these past three days.

1-If that is the swine flu than it is not that bad. He had a fever for two days of about 102, and threw up one time. He laid around and slept really long at night, but felt fine in the afternoons (not himself, but fine). In fact, I would be sending him to school today, but the doc said that he cant have a fever for 24 hours, so tomorrow he will be there.

2-I don't spend near enough time playing with my children. We have had so much fun playing puzzles, games, reading, watching movies together instead of me just turning it on and getting my stuff done.

3-I miss him. As much as I like the freedom of school I miss seeing him all day everyday.

4-I don't like staying home this much. It is so confining. We haven't left the house for 3 days, and as much as I like to clean, I would rather not be alone in the house with just the kids for this long. Even Dakota said at dinner last night to Shane "We cant go anywhere!"

5-When Braxton is feeling better, he is just his old self. Tormenting his brothers, running and jumping everywhere, getting in trouble every few minutes, and quite frankly making me miss the sick Brax ;)

Here is to feeling much better and hoping no one else is carrying this sickness around just waiting for me to have to stay home for even longer.

2 comments:

  1. It is going around at John's work and we are just waiting to get it. We have tried to get the shots but they are always out. You make me feel better that maybe it won't be so bad if we get it. Good luck. I love how snuggly kids are when they are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you spoke to soon. I miss hanging out with you guys. I hope you all get feeling better soon because I am going crazy not see you guys. Love ya tons

    ReplyDelete