Braxton had 2 teeth growing in behind all of his baby teeth in the front so I took him to the Orthodontist and he said to get rid of them so the others can move into place, so we were off to the dentist. He was a champion, no gas, just some serious shots in front of and behind all the teeth, then some pliers just like the ones Shane uses, only fancier, and about 2 minutes later they were all out.
I was shocked at how long the roots were. Two of them were beginning to dissolve, but the other two would have stayed there forever. None of them were even loose.
And this is the final product. He looks like a vampire, with four holes in his gums. He is a little concerned that it will look like that forever, but I assured him that soon it will look like they never got pulled in the first place.
The other tooth fairy at our house (aka Dad) thought $10 was a good amount for loosing 4 teeth at once. I will say that is a bit steep for a gal like me, but whatever. I read online that the going rate used to be $1, but due to inflation that will not cut it anymore :) $2 is much more common these days--it is all up to which tooth fairy you have I guess.

Great pics! But I'm with you... $1 per tooth is plenty. If everyone stuck with a set amount it would make life as a parent so much more simple. When the neighbor kids gets $5 for a tooth it makes the tooth fairy at our house look cheap! Although I also agree with Shane on this one... if you have 4 teeth pulled, $10 sounds fair:) But normally, $1 will do.
ReplyDeleteBraxton so the coolest kid ever. I love him to death.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet that he shared his tooth fairy money. What a good brother. When I was a kid the tooth fairy usually gave me a dime- a quarter if I was really lucky. Those were the days! But poor Braxton having to get four teeth pulled at once- not fun.
ReplyDelete