My kids also insist on being the first to pick out their pumpkins and put them on the porch. I think it is becoming a contest of who can get the biggest one. Sorry Dakota's picture isn't turned, but you can see the pumpkin is large.
Cameron loves to ride on the tractor, and eat the candy. I have to tell him he can only have one each time, or else he would have turned into a sucker by now :)
This is it--the biggest one in the patch. Braxton had to have it, and he couldn't even lift it. We started out with 12 of these big guys, and now have 5 left after being open now for 5 days. They are popular.
This is Cameron, me, Kiley, and Dakota (Braxton is turning into a monster to get to agree to a photo). We loved getting our picture taken with "the great pumpkin." The whole opening night was so fun and we had a lot of support.
:(, but we will catch her next year I am sure. Shane and Dad were off doing what men do I guess, but they were here somewhere.
All in all I am very happy that 4 years ago I came up with this idea and look forward to doing it for many years to come. Every dollar goes toward the boys mission/college fund and they and we appreciate it very much. It is also good to have a family project that we work on together and hopefully instill a little work ethic in these three boys.

We love the Weston Pumpkin Patch! What a great idea for a family project...I love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great, Geana. If I ever have enough land we might do it too. I don't think doing it in Logan would be competition for you. :) Thanks for always commenting on my blog too. And you are exactly right that I will never celebrate my birthday again. And I love my birthday so much. Funny that I don't mind.
ReplyDelete