Today is Dakota's first day of preschool. He was very excited and walked over there like a champion. The good old Plain City mosquitoes attacked us on the way over there, and he had about 10 bites before we got there--poor guy. I guess that is the one downfall of this town, can't win them all I guess.
Dakota is such a big boy, he is learning to write his name, and sings his alphabet all the time. He even writes us notes all the time, in scribbles and chicken scratches, but to him they definitely say something important. He is such an easy child. He obeys, tells the truth (which keeps other children in check), loves his dad and mom, and is an overall wonderful child. One thing Dakota doesn't do is the dentist. He has a very small mouth and can't stand to open it for anyone. I have to take him to get a cavity filled today, only after giving him a sedative and hopefully that combined with the gas will "help" him relax. The freaking out from last time about put this mother in her grave, so we are trying the knocking out method to see if it works better.
We had another little boy almost as excited as Dakota and insisted on wearing his new shoes and carrying a backpack. I am so excited to have two hours two days a week to spend alone with this handsome guy, Cameron is so fun to be with. He talks up a storm now, thinking he is much bigger than 22 months old. The other day I got him out of his bed and he said "Hi, Geana" I couldn't believe it, it was so funny.
Calvin loves to call us by our first names. Last night he called John 'John-boy'. That's what John's parents call him. Good luck with preschool!
ReplyDeleteI remember that feeling when I was finally going to only have Will home... I had grand intentions of 2 hours of quality bonding time... unfortunately it turned into "go-play-while-mommy-gets-her-stuff-done-time". I do try to get at least a half hour of quality time in, but usually I do what I'm doing right now... reading blogs & getting "stuff done", while Sesame Street plays in the backgroud. But I know you'll be better at it than me! Enjoy! ;~)
ReplyDeleteYour boys are so cute! Cam cracks me up! Dakota is growing up so fast, I catch myself all the time thinking he's Braxton from a distance!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute boys you have. We just love Dakota and the nice things he teaches Chloe.
ReplyDelete