Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reflection

I have to speak at church on Sunday and the topic is "worth of a soul". For some reason I keep thinking about children and why God wants us to become like them. I have no idea what I am actually speaking about but today I think I figured out somewhat what he means by becoming like little children.


I teach primary (well taught as of last week) and often the kids arent very nice to each other and I kept thinking what is so great about THIS that we should become like it, then we went to soccer. Every week Braxton gets two treats and he cant wait to share one with his brother. In fact, now he shares one with Dakota and one with Cameron (he doesn't even want one for himself). He also went birthday shopping with my mom and she said he was so worried to get something for his brothers the whole time. That is pure christlike love. That is one quality I believe we are to strive for to be like a child.

Another example is the school walk-a-thon. The kids go around and around the track just to be able to earn a medal that they proudly wear around thier necks for days after. I ask different kids and tell them how proud I am of them and thier faces just light up. They are so happy to know they have accomplished something on thier own and were rewarded with this medal. I will be honest I dread the walk-a-thon because it seems to be an all night adventure, but I can't explain how the smiles radiate across thier faces as they get that medal. It spreads so much joy across that park, it is awesome.



Anyway I have no idea what this has to do with the worth of a soul, but I am sure I can tie it in somehow. Hopefully because I've got nothing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment