This day is always bitter/sweet for me. Birthdays are always such a happy day, but for many reasons I am often brought to tears many times every year on this day.
7 years ago today I became a mother.
7 years ago today I felt my highest high right after he was born and my lowest low when they told me he could not breathe on his own and would have to be admitted to the NICU and intabated (a ventilator to breathe for him).
7 years ago today I cried my eyes out in my room all alone because Shane was at the cafeteria when they called to tell me.
7 years ago today my husband blessed my child and my wonderful father-in-law was in tune with the spirit enough to bless me and Shane, who probably needed it just as bad.
This was far from the worst day of those dreadful 27 days, seeing as everyone downplayed it so much at this point, but it is the day I am flooded with emotions every year and reflect on how blessed I am that Heavenly Father let me keep that little boy all those years ago (which seems like yesterday).
All I can say is it has been a wild ride that I am sure is only just beginning and I am thankful everyday for Braxton, and his spirited self.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't even know the whole story and you make me cry every time you talk about it. Every morning, EVERY morning when my kids wake up I am so grateful that they did and that I get to be their mommy. I never knew how vulnerable becoming a mother makes you. Happy birthday to Braxton! What a sweet, handsome little boy.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Braxton! Glad you are a healthy and happy little boy!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Braxton! We love you!
ReplyDeleteI am bawling my eyes out! Since having Ridge I can definitely sympathize with you a lot better about that. There's nothing like going through something like that. I'm so grateful Brax is here and is a healthy and happy seven year old! I can't believe he's this old already! Sure love you Brax! Happy Birthday buddy!
ReplyDelete