Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas 2013

 Shane took some up close photos to our Christmas Decor.  I think they turned out pretty nice.


 This is our attempt at a family photo in everyone's new church clothes.  Some were good, some not so good, just as is to be expected.  


 My favorite, minus Cam's awesome eyes.  Just take that boy up above where Brax, Dakota and I are being silly, and put him right there, and the perfect cute photo.  I suppose that is just how life is, not perfect or cute all the time, but always an adventure.
 Christmas Morning, where do I begin.  I suppose it all started at 10:30 when Shane and I had just finished the last minute touches, when we were headed down the hall and out comes Braxton and heads straight into Dakota and Cam''s room.  He thought it was morning!  We snagged him just in time to stop a Christmas Eve nightmare.  We sent him back to bed and off to be we went.  Well Braxton got up again at 1:30, 1:45, 2:15....  He was so so so excited that when he came in our room at 3:00 I just could not resist any more.  No puking this year, so we were happy about that, but wow I did not get a wink of sleep that night (and neither did he).  So at 3 am, we dragged the other boys and Shane out of bed and opened gifts.  The bike and the shirts were from Shane, he rebuilt Troy's old BMX bike for the boys and it turned out awesome.  He and I made the shirts from transfer paper and they say RAD Racing (a bike movie from the 80's).  They were really excited.



 Dakota and his microscope.  This is the only thing he wanted, and so far has explored many things.
 Braxton got a model airplane that he still needs glue to put together.  


 Cam got a race car track (above), and is showing me one of his cars.  Braxton set it up for him and played with it all morning long.  


 At 5 am it was back to bed for everyone.  I went in my room and everyone else stayed in the living room.  We all crashed out for about 3 hours, then got up and played some more.
 Overall we had a great year.  We had parties with each of our families that were enjoyable and good to see everyone.  We also spent countless hours just the 5 of us, which I always love.  It was exhausting as Christmas usually is but a great reminder of our Savior's Birth and the good in all people.

This is a little note from Dakota's teacher that I had to remember, it is so sweet. It says Dakota is a gift to our classroom because...he is such a nice, kind hearted young man.  He never says anything unkind.  He is patient and he just keeps plugging away--he is a very positive kiddo!
That is the best kind of Christmas present for a mom.  It made my heart smile and my eyes tear up.

2 comments:

  1. You are so pretty, geana. And a seriously nice mom to get up at 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3:00 IN THE MORNING!!! Wow! You are such a nice mom! I would've been so grumpy! That bike turned out pretty awesome! Has he been able to put it to use on the Weston's bike track yet? I love the RAD shirts too! One of these days I really should watch that show! Cute Christmas family pictures! Love you guys! Glad you had a great Christmas (and so glad you were able to have a morning nap!)

    ReplyDelete