Monday, January 6, 2014

In the mind of a 5th grader....

I went to Braxton's class to help today and was asked to have them read their journals to me.  It was so interesting.  The start for the day was What can I do to make my home a better place?  It was interesting to see that each child took a different spin on the topic.  Some kids went with more kindness, more helping, less fighting, clean up after yourself, etc.  While other kids went on the opposite spectrum and built swimming pools inside their home or a volleyball court, or just a mansion.  It is interesting to see the difference between life at home (family, Jesus, Kindness) and the House really are.

I was especially interested to see that Braxton's was to build an ocean in our backyard.  Of course, Shane talks of such things all the time, or moving where there is an ocean in our backyard.  I love how much the boys soak in the things we say and start to love them the way we do.  One other funny thing from his entry last week is he talked about how I made it the worst Christmas Vacation ever because I pulled out his tooth that wasn't even loose.  I laughed, it was so loose it was barely hanging on, but I was mean and pinned him down and pulled it out.  Kids and their perspectives.

1 comment:

  1. It way more dramatic to say it wasn't even loose. That's how Calvin is too. Funny.

    ReplyDelete