We started off with our annual pumpkin patch party that I never get pictures of because I am on the lawn mower most of the evening. It was delightful. I love seeing the excitement on the kids faces. This year it was light, so Kiley still dressed up and handed out candy. She is such a good sport. We still had hot cocoa and donuts, a favorite tradition.
Such great memories are made in the pumpkin patch---work, sweat, fun, enjoying God's creations, everyone is different just like all the pumpkins are different, perseverance, friendship. All of our best friends always come, and family always supports us, and we make new friends every year that come to visit for a pumpkin. We even get to see some cousins we only see a couple of times a year. I truly feel like the spirit led me to the idea all those years ago, and believe it or not it was a lot of years ago--7 I believe.
Then we were able to finish off a great weekend listening to our leaders give us such good counsel. The kids get out all the toys, conference packets, and sit and play quietly while they listen. It is such a fun, spiritual weekend.
We should come to your pumpkin patch party sometime!
ReplyDelete