Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

This year we decided that Fathers day is usually about everyone except Shane, so we celebrated a week early and surprised him with a nice Breakfast of Biscuits and Gravy LAST Sunday.  Then the kids gave him their cards and we played this fun M&M game while we ate.  Shane took a nap before church and we relaxed later.  To me that is what fathers day is all about, not all the running around we did yesterday, even though we do love seeing all our Dads and Grandpas.




1- My dad always says:
2- My dad makes me laugh when:
3- My dad likes to eat:
4-I love my dad because:



Dakota
1-I love you
2-He tells a joke
3-Pina colada.
4-He is special.

Cameron
1-Give me a back scratch
2-he does stuff funny
3-pizza
4-He loves me

Braxton
1-says what?  I love you when he comes home from work, no he says “Hi boys!”
2-He tickles me
3-Sushi
4-He helps me with everything.


Here is a game for us to play:
1- Red:  What is one of your favorite things to do with me?
Orange:  If you could go anywhere in the world with me where would you go and why?
Yellow:  What do you see us doing together in 2020?
Green:  Name 3 reasons why you love me?
Blue:  Ask me any question you’d like
Brown:  Hum a tune and see if I can guess it.


It turned out to be a fun game, especially the Hum a tune one.  We all took a turn playing that.  It was cute.  Shane is a great dad and a great example to our boys, they are so lucky to have him.  We love you Dad and Grandpas!



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! We are stealing that next year. I always feel bad that it's "Happy Father's day! --now let's run around and celebrate other people." Awesome.

    ReplyDelete