As I was walking out from dropping off my sweet little Dakota to Kindergarten I saw a little boy getting dropped off by the daycare bus. My heart automatically felt sorrow and gratitude. I felt sorrow for him that his mommy wasn't there to hold his hand and help him find the place for his backpack, and I felt gratitude that I am able to be home with my kiddos to be there for those "monumental mommy moments" as a good friend so described Kindergarten.
Dakota was so excited and happy to be big like his brother, I felt it hard to feel sorrow today. He came out of the school and had a huge smile and opened his backpack to show me the contents right on the sidewalk. He went on and on about what they did and who he played with. It was great!
I am excited for him to start a new adventure, and to make new friends, and play with some he's already known. It is a strange thing sending off my 2nd child, almost as if I can't believe where the years are going. They are slipping away from me too fast. Next it will be Cam, and then what? I hate to even think about those days, but they are going to be here before I know it. I hope I have taught Dakota all that I wanted to before he entered the wide wide world, and that if I didn't he has the sense to listen to his gut.
Just so I remember I am going to put some things about Dakota here:
Dakota loves to play! He loves his friends Gunnar, Denim, and Ty, and any McConkie that will play. He always wants to play with someone.
He is not very good at entertaining himself and often relies on Braxton to tell him what to do. He is a bit of a follower so far, but hasn't had much of a choice.
He is very well behaved and does what I say 97% of the time. He loves to fight with Cameron as most brothers do, but he loves to be with him and boss him the same way Braxton does to him.
He has a favorite pet "Wally" that he drags everywhere, it is a Koala that Grandpa Brent gave him for Christmas.
He just learned to ride without training wheels and is now an expert rider and loves to have me watch him (for hours on end)
He loves cartoons, and if allowed will sit for hours and never move. He is so quiet!
I love you buddy, and I am so proud of you. Good luck in school!!!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad kindergarten is going good for Dakota. I had no doubt about our little preschoolers...I knew they would do well. We really are blessed to be at home with our kids...I can't imagine not being there everyday when Elizabeth walks out of school. It's my favorite time of day!
ReplyDelete