Legacy!
I took my Grandma to a viewing of her cousin today. I was watching her walk out of her house, not so quickly as she used to, and was thinking about her legacy. You know that not to long ago she was just like me. Sitting here with small children, possibly going a little crazy like I am, and as a great friend of mine calls it "just livin' the dream!". I remember her kids talking one day and saying they could tell when she was especially angry or 'had it' because she would just leave the house and the kids knew they better shape up before she got back. My Grandma Jo basically raised her kids alone and I have to say that takes great patience and love, working to provide at the same time as trying to raise respectable, God fearing children. (I often question how well I am doing and I have a wonderful husband at my side.)
I thought about all of us and if we give our Grandparents the respect, time and consideration they deserve. If they hadn't lived the great lives they had, then we would not be here today. They went through the same things we went through and many days now they spend alone, lonely at home. It may take a little longer to get around and a little more patience to do what they want, but it is worth it, every minute!
Thanks for sharing. Very well said. Were you able to find someone to watch your boys so you could take her?
ReplyDelete