Thursday, May 6, 2010

T-Ball

Dakota started T-ball this week. I am so impressed at how brave he is being. I didn't put him last year even though he was old enough because he is pretty timid, but this year he is so excited and doing so well. I love to watch them do things like this for the first time. Every day he is asking when his next T-ball game is and Braxton asks when he gets to watch.

Braxton had a soccer game at the same time on the same park during Dakota's first game. The minute Braxton's game ended he started to cry and his coach asked what was wrong. He told her that he really wanted to see Dakota's first game, and was hoping soccer would get over first. He has such a tender heart and has so much love for his brothers. I hope he always has that kind of love and desire to see them excel that he has right now.

I also felt for the first time how weird it is to want to be there to support both of your children at the same time, and having to decide or stretch your time between the two. I realize I will be doing this many many times, but I feel a little sad to not be there for both of them. We will also be having some of Braxton's baseball games on Wednesdays when I work. I have always been able to avoid this so far in life, but it was bound to happen. I guess it is life, and I will get used to it, but being the Mom that is what I do. I drive, I watch, I volunteer, I help, that is what I do. This is my full time job right here in this family, and I feel like I would like to accomplish it to the best of my ability, I suppose I need to realize that sometimes you can't win them all. They will not be scarred because I can't make it to a few games, and in a few years I will be sick of games I am sure!


3 comments:

  1. Ah! I hadn't even thought of when I have to choose whose stuff to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The juggling begins. You are such a great mom and have sweet kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally with you on feeling torn! It will be fun to have all the boys around here grown up on the same teams...just like their dads. Hopefully now that Joe's back I'll actually get to sit down and watch (and visit).

    ReplyDelete