Sunday, May 30, 2010

What we've been up to!

I had my 30th birthday yesterday and so a couple of weeks ago I went in for a new do. My hairdresser is fabulous (plaincitybeautyshop.blogspot.com) and I just let her do what she thought would look good. I really like my cut/color. I haven't ever had so many compliments in my life!

For my Birthday Shane and I spent the day shopping, going to the temple, taking a long afternoon nap, and then for dinner at my favorite restaurant (Bella's where I happen to work also) and Shane surprised me by calling some of our friends, 5 couples, and having them meet us there. It was fun to have good company. Braxton and Dakota were at the cabin with my mom and Cam was with Brent and Rebecca most of the day. It was a great way to celebrate being 30--good friends, good food, and a great husband. Dakota graduated from Mother Goose Time preschool. He is moving on to Kindergarten and I am so happy for him. He seems so much ready just in the last few months. He is catching on to what he needs to know and his nervousness seems to be leaving. Braxton is beyond excited to be in the same school together. They sure love each other. The kids all said what their favorite part of preschool was and Dakota said "the Dinosaurs". One day he came home from school and informed me "Mom, do you know that I am the only one in my WHOLE class that hasn't seen Dinosaur Train!" (a show on PBS kids), well I am quite the cartoon slacker he informed me and he has watched a few times in order to now be the only one!







Braxton had his awards assembly at school a couple of weeks ago. He earned Overall Academics. I was so proud of him. He really thrived in school this year. He had the best teacher a boy could ask for and she taught him so much and gave him the confidence he needs to be able to accomplish hard things. It is amazing what a difference those teachers can make on a child. He is a great reader, he loves math and it seems to come so easily, and he did so well on his citizenship which is such a change from last year, we are so happy!!!


Well school is out and the kids are very excited. We have been watching baseball/T-ball games for the past two weeks 4 nights a week and are very worn out from that. It is fun to do, but just a little busy for our taste. Now Dakota's is almost over, so we will just have Braxton's games. Both of them are really liking to play baseball and are getting very good at it. Dakota got to play 1st base for the first time and he did very well. Cameron looks forward to playing on some park every night, which saves our sanity so we can watch the game.
Shane and I have had some time with just Cameron this weekend and it is pretty cool to just spend time with one child, as well as pretty cool to only have one child :; He is so fun and less grumpy when he is home alone. Shane has spoiled him rotten giving him all his attention and Cameron has loved every. minute. of. it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay 30! And your hair IS really cute. I have never been brave enough to just them someone do what they want with my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Late Birthday!! I hope you had a great day. I have the coolest nephews.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete