I had to record this funny story Braxton was telling me the other day. He is in first grade and loves math. I asked him how many friends were at his cousin's party.
He proceeded to ask me: "what is 8 + 8?"
Me: 16
Brax: What is 16-2
Me: 14
Brax: What is half of 14
Me: 7
Brax: That is how many kids there were, 7 in one car and 7 in the other, so I guess there were 14! The other two were adults driving the cars.
I was cracking up at how his brain solved that issue of how many kids were there, I hope he is very mathematical, because that is a good trait to get through all of his upcoming years of school.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow that is amazing that he could figure that out. He is so smart!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like he is at a really fun stage. I think when I pictured myself as a mommmy he is the age of kids I pictured. Is that weird?
ReplyDeleteBraxton is so awesome. Tyler and I giggled he makes me so happy. I was so lucky to be his aunt. Keep up the good work Braxton. Love ya
ReplyDeleteHe's better at math then I am! What a smart kid!
ReplyDelete