Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Breakfast with Santa


Every year we go to Shane's mom's school for breakfast with Santa, which I was informed was not actually WITH Santa because we eat alone, and sit on his lap, so technical my children are sometimes :) This Santa was a little strange, he kept telling the kids to put it in a letter and send it to him (FYI Santa: that is why we are sitting on your lap!!!). Braxton was thinking he was a quack I think.
On the lists:
Braxton: Air hog Zero Gravity, Foam Airplane
Dakota: Yoda, Toy Box
Cameron: He's just happy to be there. Braxy says Cam wants a ball.
I am so thankful for these day where the requests are so simple, so affordable. I love my three boys and they sure make this holiday season awesome. The joy and anticipation are much better than the actual day.
I was reading something today that really touched me:
Is there enough awe in my child,
enough magic left, to save a world?
For within my heart I lament a great truth--
That the only promise of childhood is that it will end.
And I wonder what I have given to him to take its place. And is it enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment