Monday, November 23, 2009

Reflection

So, I sat in church yesterday listening to 6 young men in our Ward tell about the things they are thankful for, and it was not a teary kind of situation, but for a gal like me being the mother of 3 wonderful boys that are about to grow up and be one of those young men, I cried through the whole thing. (Is there something wrong with me or what?) They told of their love for their parents and their love for their leaders. One spoke about how he knows prayers are answered, and I just sat there and thought how much leaders mean to boys at that time in a boys life. How much the scouting program shapes who they will become.

I am deathly afraid of being the mother of "big boys". I am sure I can tackle this little boy thing, but big boys have big attitudes, and are a little silly more often than not. They act like idiots 1/2 the time, which if I remember correctly so did I at that age.



At this thanksgiving time I feel like I am so thankful for my boys. They give me a reason to be happy, to love, to be joyful, and to look forward to all the fun things we will encounter together in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment