
Oh, the first snow. Only a child could be quite this excited about something so cold. It hadn't been snowing for 5 minutes when they asked if they could go out and play in it. Then upon finding we had no winter stuff out Braxton searched through the shed in the freezing cold, to find the coats, hats, boots, and gloves. When he got back inside and realized he hadn't shut the shed door, he ran out there in bare feet!!! After finding most don't fit anymore, they made do with irrigation boots and Dakota just wore pants. Now half the neighborhood is out there enjoying this weather.
How great it is to be a child and feel such excitement each year when the snow comes. I get feelings of bad roads with crazy drivers and children screaming at me to get in the car faster because they are cold. I also hear a little boy OBSESSED with skiing starting to ask already if he can go when he probably wont go until February. I also think of a husband with nothing to do but watch TV because "What else am I supposed to do when its cold and dark?"
I really do like the snow, but lets just say winter gets old really fast at our house!!!
Calvin does the same thing. We get a tiny skiff and he runs for his boots and we go stand there. I remember feeling the same way, though.
ReplyDeleteBeen out of the cyber world for awhile now. It's crazy how much ya miss! I had no idea that Cam got stitches, poor little guy! Good thing he's tough! Your get away for his B-day looked like fun, by the way Happy belated birthday Cam! Can't believe how fast he's grown!
ReplyDelete