A note and flowers picked out of the yard. I teared up and wondered what was going on and he told me that Binky on Aurthur had given one to his mom and he wanted to do the same thing. He is so sweet--as if I wasn't having a hard enough time thinking I am loosing him to the wide wide world of first grade, he now gives me even more reason I love having him home with me during the day. I have spent the last 6 3/4 years with him every single day watching his every move, and now I have to let him spread his wings and see if anything I have taught him will stick. Thank goodness I know he IS capable, it just depends when he decides to make a good decision or not.Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Little boys
We aren't much of TV watchers during the day around here because I think it FRIES children's brains, but sometimes during nap, I let the boys watch cartoons. Well today after I said to turn it off, Braxton became highly involved in some project of a sort. He told me it was nothing with a smirk on his face and this is what I saw about 5 minutes later.....
A note and flowers picked out of the yard. I teared up and wondered what was going on and he told me that Binky on Aurthur had given one to his mom and he wanted to do the same thing. He is so sweet--as if I wasn't having a hard enough time thinking I am loosing him to the wide wide world of first grade, he now gives me even more reason I love having him home with me during the day. I have spent the last 6 3/4 years with him every single day watching his every move, and now I have to let him spread his wings and see if anything I have taught him will stick. Thank goodness I know he IS capable, it just depends when he decides to make a good decision or not.
A note and flowers picked out of the yard. I teared up and wondered what was going on and he told me that Binky on Aurthur had given one to his mom and he wanted to do the same thing. He is so sweet--as if I wasn't having a hard enough time thinking I am loosing him to the wide wide world of first grade, he now gives me even more reason I love having him home with me during the day. I have spent the last 6 3/4 years with him every single day watching his every move, and now I have to let him spread his wings and see if anything I have taught him will stick. Thank goodness I know he IS capable, it just depends when he decides to make a good decision or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh that is so stinkin' cute! What sweet boys!
ReplyDeleteGeez, you almost made ME cry! Not my little boy. I think before I had my Calvin I was a little nervous that boys weren't very sweet. I was picturing potty humor and teasing. I am so happily surprised that they can be SO sweet! Girls you almost expect their sweetness, so it isn't as fun. Good luck with first grade. I don't remember being too corrupted in Mrs. Sharp's class. I think he can stay sweet awhile longer.
ReplyDeleteThat made me tear up too! What sweet hearts! Those are the moments that make everything we do worth it!
ReplyDeleteAww, so sweet! That's what's called "pay day", because as moms we don't get paid, but every once in a while we see evidence of our hard work paying off! It's even more special because it wasn't "Mother's Day" or your birthday... "just because" makes the gift more sweet.
ReplyDelete