Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!
















Top Ten reasons I love Shane:

1- He can do anything. Fix anything, figure out how to do any project, plumb anything, and clean anything, if he puts his mind to it. I think his Dad passed this great trait of figuring out anything on to all of his boys. Sometimes I ask him to wash just one window, and the next thing I know all the windows are done. He does not do projects half way. I believe the men at work are amazed with how hard he tries at everything he does, and doesn’t give up until it is fixed.
2- He wrestles with the boys almost every day. He has so much more energy than me to keep coming back for more attacks. The boys look forward to this every day.
3- Family time is his top priority (except during the hunt (he he)). He passes up playing ball, helping with projects, playing all to be with us. When it is time to put the boys to bed he is always there to help. He doesn’t have any other excuses why he can’t help with bedtime, and always makes helping me with it a priority. He makes sure we pray together every night.
4- He loves the ocean. If there is anything that I can think of that makes Shane the happiest it is spending ALL day in the water snorkeling or scuba diving. He refuses to wear sunscreen because it makes his hands gross, so he gets burnt often from overexposure.
He loves to vacation and thinks it is not a vacation unless the ocean is involved. He loves to see new places as long as we can stop at the ocean at least once.
5- He found his passion in life and is hitting it full force. For probably 8 years he was searching for something he wanted to give his whole self to and hunting became just that thing. He shoots his bow every chance he can get, works much overtime to earn the money to have the supplies he wants/needs and leaves his beloved family for many days to do the thing he loves the most—enjoying the great outdoors.
6- He gives me the most thoughtful gifts. I think as we get older they only get better. He takes the boys to the store and they pick out something, usually jewelry. For mother’s day he spent hours making me a movie about my married life up until that day. It was the best gift he could have ever given me. He also one time put my life history that I am writing into a binder for me with a picture on the front, it was so nice.
7- He has taken me somewhere fun for all of our anniversaries. Bear Lake, Cancun, Western Caribbean Cruise, San Diego, Catalina Island, overnight at the Alaskan Inn and Anniversary Inn, Cancun again, and on and on—it has been 10 years. We love to travel together even more so since we have children, it is a great time to reconnect and remember all the things we love about each other.
8- He can make friends with any stranger that we are standing in line with. I usually don’t talk to many strangers, but he loves to become their instant buddy and often finds out very useful information about them in the meantime.
9- He proposed to me in the dead of winter while trying to 4-wheel up to Tony Grove with no success, we stopped on the side of the road and he proposed right there. Then we carved our names in the nearest tree and turned around to head back down the mountain. He hadn’t even told anyone including me that he had chosen a ring, I was so surprised and happy all at the same time. He picked out the ring all on his own
10- He built me a beautiful house, in a city that I love with all of my heart, and gave me the 3 most beautiful little boys, that he chooses to make his priority. He gets home from work at 4:00 every day and rarely does anything else but be with us every night. How lucky can one girl be!!!!


Oh one more, he will eat anything. He says it is all the same as long as it fills the belly, wow am I lucky because I cant cook very well, or I choose to not cook very often :)
Where does the time go?




4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You two are pretty cute. I am excited to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've got a one-in-a-million. I hope to one day be as lucky! You two are some of the nicest and family oriented people that I know. I'm so lucky to learn from your examples. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so sweet! I think I'm in love with Shane too... oh wait,I've got a prince charming of my own:~)... Anyway, he does sound like an awesome guy, and YOU deserve him! Because YOU are just as fabulous!! Love you! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaner is a good guy, but he also has a good wife too that makes his extraordinary. 10 years...serious? That is along time to be married. It was a very touching tribute you wrote to him. I hope he reads it.

    ReplyDelete