
This is Dakota's 4th Birthday Party. He got loaded up as usual and had a great day. It started off bright and early with breakfast in bed and was non stop from there. He had a picnic with some of his friends in the afternoon, had his favorite dinner-chicken pillows-, and finished off with cousins and family over for presents and cake and ice cream. It was a really good time and he is having a great time playing with his toys this morning.Muffins in bed or as he says "there is no room in the bed for all of us, so it is Breakfast by the side of the bed"

Yes, my son was given the name Dakota when he was born, and maybe someday he will go by that, but since he was born we have called him many other names except Dakota. It started with calling him "baby D" for the first two years of his life, which wore off as he was not a baby anymore. Then later, and at the same time, Braxton and I called him Baby Angelico for some strange reason, which evolved into Jelly. Now Braxton often calls him "J". Luckily he answers to mostly anything we call him.
Every time one of my children has a birthday I always reflect on the day he was born. Bringing home a healthy newborn was quite a shock for me and Shane. He woke up every 45 minutes that first night, which was something I am sure we never did with our one month old Braxton, and we were EXHAUSTED to say the least. Shane wondered if there was something wrong with him, I assured him that he was fine, just adjusting, while also thinking this was tough. After that he started to sleep in his car seat and slept wonderfully. I am sure my doctor wouldn't approve, but I surely got more sleep and was a better mom because of it. He has been a pure joy since then. He is patient, easy going and very kind. He is a definite rule follower. Never deviating, and sure to let us know. He gets along great with most children. He has a bit of a temper and sometimes says he wont be my friend anymore, but I love him so much and am happy to have him in my life.
Can anyone tell me why I cant get this thing to go into paragraphs?
I am not sure how to make paragraphs but I wanted to say that I think it is so cool how you talked about him growing up. You are a great mom.
ReplyDeleteHey.. my doctor approved of the car seat until they were 6 months.. I did that with one of mine too. More sleep the better if you ask me!! I love the sayings..they are great..and hilarious!
ReplyDelete