The excitement of the Easter bunny is fading fast at our house and I am a little sad about it. Cam was still excited because he loves the scavenger hunt, but Brax drug himself out of bed complaining of the early hour and did his duty to complete the hunt. Life changes so much so quickly even when we are present for all these wonderful moments, it seems in a blink of an eye they are changing. Big kids bring on a new big adventure and with it comes much exhaustion and not wanting to get out of bed at the crack of dawn the next morning for school. They do so many fun things that we love to be involved in, but sometimes I really miss the snotty noses and diapers. I know it was hard then, but this is a different kind of hard, a fun happy hard, but nonetheless hard.
It was very strange being down to 2 kids for 17 days, Braxton and Cameron actually got along quite well and played and built projects together. It took them quite a few days of fighting until they got to this point, but then it was like "oh well he is all I have got". They also have a common interest, Lacrosse, so they played a lot of that.
Mid-conference nap.
The best part of spring break was going to Moab. I love love it in Moab. The beauty that God created down there is so amazing and practically in our back yard. The desert is filled with so many amazing wonders that just I love to bike, hike, and ride the machines around and just look out and behold all the red rocks and awesome mountains. I think Moab is one of my happy places, I look so forward to it every time. This year we had quite the crowd. Jake Alayna and family, Brent, Dallas and Joyce, Randy and his girls, Blake and Brody, and the Kennedy's. We got stuck in our first ever crash in the road that stops traffic completely for hours on end. It was an adventure camping out on the side of the road for 3 hours just chilling. There were people biking up and down, skateboarding, playing Frisbee, hiking around. It was interesting.
Some pictographs we hiked to.
This was a secret grotto we hiked to. It was literally under the rocks and not very many people even know it is there. It was a amazing.
The annual family photo at the Easter party. Everyone is getting so big!
No comments:
Post a Comment