I have been contemplating over this last month about how for the past almost 14 years, besides school, Braxton and I have had very similar experiences when it comes to family time. We have the same memories most of the time, then he goes off to Spain for three weeks and it is like a giant gap in our memories. We just carried on without him and he experienced many many things that I will only know of through pictures. For me as the mom this is very strange and foreign. I am happy he was able to go, just feel very unsure about how much he grew up and experienced while he was in a far away place. I like to talk to my children everyday and see how their days went and often there were days without much communication. I guess it was a small preparation to when I will only hear from him 1 time per week and only by letter.


I finally got the boys to the skate park and the library. They only had asked me 500 times to take them there, but the summer just got away from us. I was sad we only made it to the library one time, I need to re-prioritize next year. They read everyday they were home, but we just slacked a bit too much.
It was our 17th wedding Anniversary, and Shane bought me these beautiful roses that made my day. I had young women's that night at a water slide, so I invited him along and we stopped for ice cream at Peach City on the way home, just the two of us. It was a good day. We have been married a very long time and are getting old.
The annual carving out of the zucchini. Man they love to let the zucchini grow huge and carve them out to float them in the tub. Such sweet, happy little boys I have.
More Lagoon time. We spent many hot summer days here this year and had a great time.
James, Carrera, Cameron, and Ridge
Weber County Fair this year had a kangaroo exhibit. It was neat to see the kangaroos and even pet the baby. We went to see our cousins Dalton and Gunnar show their sheep.
The zucchini boats are a great idea! And 17 years?! You are old! 😊
ReplyDelete