Monday, August 1, 2016

June Happenings

Cameron and Dakota had a spring piano recital and both did a great job.  They practice so hard for these events and I love to sit and hear them play. 

Grandma Becky gave each of the boys a cross stitch to do and they LOVED it.  Braxton finished his super fast.  He loves to have his hands busy. It was so fun to sit around on Grandma's floor and get a lesson on how to cross stitch and then go over and show her the finished product.  Becky retired this summer and it has been really fun for the boys to stop over and see her during the day.
We got our oil changed at John Watson's and the boys made a hut out of the large floor mats.  Such handsome, hiding boys.
More Lagoon Fun.  This time it was for the Facer Family Reunion.  Every year my Mom and Dad pay for lodging for us to go on a weekend adventure all around the state.  We have been to many places, and this year we decided to utilize our passes to Lagoon and stay at Troy and Hailey's up in Mt. Green.  We camped out back and it was beautiful.  It was raining so our plans of going to LagoonABeach were ruined, but we made the best of it and watched a movie at their house and went later to ride the rides.  Sunday we went for a beautiful hike up to a cabin.



And as usual we all crashed out on the drive home after a fun, long, exhausting weekend.
Just a pic of the pumpkin starting to grow with its seed still attached to the leaf.  The seed was red because it was treated.
Braxton went to Camp Hull for scout camp this year.  He did his cycling merit badge that encompassed 50 miles on the bike and he came home pretty sore.

A strange thing we saw in the patch one green and one white.  It isn't currently white, so not sure if it made it or not, but I thought it was neat.
Weston Family Reunion at Rockport.  Cameron caught this awesome fish and the rangers stopped by with some birds.  One falcon and one owl. It was so strange to not have Braxton there with us.  He was at scout camp. 


I had the wonderful opportunity to spend all week at girls camp in June.  We got home from the Weston Reunion and I turned around and went all week to girls camp.  I was so nervous about the drama and all those women, but I had a blast.  I got to bond with the girls all week and learned to love them so much.  They are so kind and do so many little acts of kindness all day long.  I felt the spirit through them and also through the speakers. One thing I will say is that it was EXHAUSTING!  I do not stay up late and we never went to bed before midnight.  Also it is hard to be on your A Game all day everyday, no downtime or rest, just trying to be friendly and listen is quite exhausting, Mentally and Physically.  I figure it was about 17 hours a day of that, for 4 days.  Man I came home one tired mom that is for sure.  I got to wear this awesome showercap hat for our skit.  We had to rap and I said "My name is Geana, I work at Melina's and in my spare time you will find me in my Gardina."  It was fun, the girls were confused what a Gardina is, it was just a play on words for Garden.



While I was gone to Girls Camp Braxton got to go with Jake and Dalton to Flaming Gorge and caught some great fish.  He came home exhausted from a great time and also sunburned all over his face.  This summer he has spent a lot of time away from us and it is very strange.  Not my favorite thing for us to do things separately, but I guess he is getting pretty big now. 
For Young Women's we have an activity every week.  For the most part I would say it is a constant party where we entertain the girls.  This day we got to do baptisms for the dead and it was so nice to feel the spirit and not just entertain.

Much needed nap after working on projects everyday for almost 6 months he now can relax for a few minutes after work and he is loving it.  Although I don't think it will last long, he always has new ideas for his next project.
This is the story of my bathroom for 4 months during the summer.  I am so glad we have this giant tub so we can hang a clothes line over it and stack clothes all over it after we get out of the pool.  Once a week I throw everything in the wash, and the next day it looks just like this again.  It looks chaotic, but to me this is organized compared to what it could be.
Cam went to a fun scout activity with the Wolves.  They did relays and he loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment