Our first renters moved out so she could get married, so in between we decided to redo the bathroom. It turned out so nice, and we worked our butts off. In fact, we haven't stopped working on large projects since then. It has been rough at our house with our crazy busy lives intermingled with all our projects. This pic of Cameron is one night when he was just so tired he curled up on the floor of the rental and fell asleep just like that. We sure love having that rental, but it is sometimes a lot of work. We took out the tree in the front yard, redid the bathroom top to bottom, and put in a front yard sprinkling system all this spring. Along with our own sprinkling system and my parents, and future solar panels that we are working on now, we are about spent. I won't even mention the pumpkin patch looming on my shoulder.
We snuck away one Friday night to watch Gunnar race BMX. He got 1st place and did such a great job.
BRACES!!! I can't believe he has braces. Even as I sit and type this he looks so much different because those teeth that are up high have moved down. It is changing the whole look of his face. His expander changed his look so much, but the braces are doing great things also.
We also snuck away on a Friday to go hiking in Willard. We found some Indian carvings. I really love to hike, especially with my family.
This is the tree that we took out over at the rental. We cut and hauled off all the limbs then we were faced with the challenge of this stump. Shane cut and pulled with the truck forever and it would barely budge. Then Dakota suggested we call Jerry Hill the next door neighbor, who brought over his tractor and gave it a push. It was done in seconds, and he even loaded that stump up and hauled it off for us. It was amazingly kind and helpful.
I felt like I lived at the orthodontist in March. One week after Dakota got his braces on it was Braxton's turn. I also cant believe as I type this how different he looks already. His face has changed so much and he looks so grown up. His teeth that were up high are also brought down so much. The next step is a nighttime headgear. I have so many memories of wearing a headgear, man it stunk wearing that thing, but I am so grateful my parents got those braces for me.
We dyed Easter Eggs with our cousins at my mom's house.
We went Easter shopping for a dress for me and some clothes for the boys, and this is where I found them, chilling out on the couches. I had to snap a shot because this is exactly where I remember my dad waiting many times while we shopped.
One Egg hunt I actually got a photo of.
This year we have two Lacrosse players, Braxton and Cameron. Shane has been Cam's assistant coach and it has been quite an adventure. They practice Monday and Wednesday evenings and I switched my schedule to Tuesday because I got called into the Young Womens, so that pretty much sums up our week of crazy. It ends this week (May 22), so that will be nice but we sure love watching our boys play their sports. I read a thing the other day that said "One day you will wake up and not have anyone to drive to practice. Enjoy it while you can." How true that is. Our life may seem so crazy and involved in our children's crazy schedules but I would not have it any other way. They are my world and they will only be young once. We will have plenty of years to enjoy them as adults, we choose to live up childhood now.
That bathroom looks great! It sounds like you have been so busy!
ReplyDelete