Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Series of Unfortunate Events

December has been a rough one for us.  I needed to share about the baptism before I shared about our two funerals, so I could remember that little Ray of Sunshine in our Month.  Shane's Grandpa Farr passed away at the beginning of December.  My children cried and cried.  You would have to be there to believe how much they cried, but it went on for hours.  Cameron cried out loud, Dakota stood right by the casket and cried the entire viewing.  They were heartbroken.  Cameron told us he did not want them to put Grandpa in the ground--in between his sobs.  It was so hard for them.  They loved him so so much.  He told the best stories and he and Dakota had become pen pals this last year. Grandpa drew pictures and sent them to Dakota and Dakota wrote him letters back.  In fact, a letter was in transit and arrived at Grandpa's house the day after he died.  Dakota was sad he never received it.

We did make it to see the lights in Ogden and had a great, freezing evening.  I love family selfies :)


Then 8 days later my Grandma Facer passed away.  When I was a kid we called her Grandma Facer, but since the Great grandkids came along it changed to Grandma Jo.  She has been in a rest home for over 3 years now and her body has not been working for a long time, but let me tell you that does not make it any easier.  It just plain old stinks.  The memories come back so fast and the smells, the fun times and all it makes me do is cry.  I loved her so much.  In the past 13 years since I have been home with my children I have spend countless hours and days with her.  Me and Braxton drove her to doctors appointments, dentist appointments, and went to lunch at her favorite grocery store, Wansguards, all the time.  When Shane got called into the Cub scouts I went over there every Tuesday night to visit with her while he was at scouts.  I miss her being in Plain City so bad, I didn't make it up to the rest home nearly enough.  I had the scary honor of saying one of the hardest prayers I ever said and it was a bit rough.  I blubbered through the entire thing, but said what I felt I needed to and felt much peace after.

The boys cried and cried through this one also, but due to the fact they were very close together, it was as if their tears were dry.  Braxton cried the entire time, he was the closest to her for sure.  Cam cried out loud again, but seemed to control the noise level a bit more this time.  Dakota was sad, but no tears.  My sweet other family, Bella's, fed us after the viewing on Friday night and it was so nice to relax and enjoy each others company and feed our hungry bellies.  Her ward that her house was in fed us after the funeral and it was so nice and yummy.  What a long couple of weeks we have had.  Now Christmas is in 3 days and hopefully we can enjoy it and feel the spirit.
Grandma's 4 kids Russell, DeAnn, Loren, Shanna
My entire family minus Kiley and Family (they were in California)
10 of the 11 grandkids

We always take on of the flowers off of the casket for the boys to bring home to dry.  They are getting quite the collection unfortunately.


Shane and I (mostly Shane) had the privilege of doing the movie for the viewing and it turned out so nice.  This is one of the best pictures in it I think.  It was a lot of work, but very good for the grieving process.
A couple of the beautiful flowers people sent that I got to bring home.


On the same day as Grandma Jo's funeral we had a piano recital for Cameron and Dakota.  It was their first one and they did so good.  They practiced so hard and I was so proud of both of them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Geana, I'm so sorry! That's a lot in a month. I have one grandma left. I need to spend more time with her.

    ReplyDelete