We spent Labor Day Weekend at the cabin. The kids and my dad rebuilt the fort outside.
We went to a service project for Foster Care. We filled bags to give the kids when they get removed from their homes. Braxton in particular loved it. He did not want to leave. He worked and worked and worked. Will and Drew came along, it was really fun to serve others with our cousins. Foster Care holds a special place in our hearts since our sweet Kara Weston (Jake and Alayna's Daughter) was adopted through foster care.
Cameron and Owen Hill did some experimenting one day after their teacher had done the same experiment at school.
We spent many hours getting ready for the patch to open. The week before the opening party is always a lot of work. We have about 1 month with no work because the vines are so long and they only need to be watered, then the work comes at us 10 fold. The vines die back and we have to get all the big weeds, shuck all the corn, pick all the gourds and babies, and get out all the whole set up. It takes a whole week of evenings and all day Saturday but it is all worth it. Dakota is showing us an "anomaly" as he called it. It is an Indian corn that has like 5 coming off of one. It pretty neat.
Dakota created this cool tower at Tara's House. She has the coolest toys.
Brax took a nap one Sunday afternoon with this cool thing on his head to block out the sun.
Picking Day! The boys always pick the biggest ones in the patch and once again this year they succeeded. Dakota 10, Cameron 7, and Braxton 13. The 9th year of the patch. It has gone by so fast. We sold out this year in a record 15 days. It was insane. I even had to restock with some other farmers pumpkins and they sold out in 2 days. I finally just closed down and said we had sold out. It is amazing the support we get from everyone. It is so good to have something to work toward for our family each year that benefits our boys mission funds. This year Shane and I decided Braxton could put his portion toward Spain, where he hopes to visit Gonzalo next summer.
Braxton turned 13!! I cant even believe I have a teenager! I need a whole post on this so I can do 13 things I love about you Braxton. Soon
Opening Day was a hit. We did family and friends separate this year, and Tara drove the train on Friend day and saved our lives. It was fun to have all the cousins over to spend the day before anyone else came.
Dakota made this creation out of the pumpkin vines during the party.
No comments:
Post a Comment