Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring is here


Braxton is going to try Lacrosse this year for the first time.  He is really excited, and I am really nervous.  It is a bit more of a contact sport than I like, but he has been wanting to play forever.  He is also possibly not going to play baseball this year, which freaks me out because I love to watch him play baseball, It is his best sport and he is a great pitcher.  Sometimes though, it is possible to be too busy and we must choose right?  Man even as I type that I still want him to play baseball, I would give up any of the other sports, baseball is the funnest to watch.
Braxton's Basketball team.  He has played with these same kids for about 3 years now, and they are really working together as a team.  They had a great season.  Their coach bought them all medals that were engraved.  Pretty neat.


Cameron's first year of basketball.  He did a great job learning and understanding the sport.  Just when we finish playing one sport, it is on to the next.  I just signed up for baseball today and Soccer starts this Saturday.  My sister-in-law asked if that is all we do every weekend, and I said yes, it is my season.  Right now she changes diapers all day and I run around in the car all day and watch many many sports games.  It is our seasons.  5 years from now it will be so different, and we must appreciate the one we are in.

Braxton's NOVA graduation.  6th grade participated in NOVA, a program to teach values, opportunities, accountability, and drug and alcohol resistance.  They learned a lot and got a certificate.  I love programs like this in schools, especially at such a vulnerable age.  Side note--he did not invite me to this graduation.  He was shocked that I was there, and I tried not to be offended, but it hurt a bit.  I guess I will get used to him not wanting me around, such is the life of a teenager.  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know lacrosse needed pads and things I was going to suggest it to calvin. Not anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete